CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Apple Centers

     Today was such a fun day!  We had Apple Centers where we tasted, weighed, and measured our apples.  We also estimated how many seeds our apple had and then counted to see how many were actually inside our apple.  We also did apple prints.  You can tell be the pictures how much they loved our activities for the day!
We made applesauce on Tuesday for our tasting center today.   I thought I had taken more pictures of our cooking, but this is the only one I had!  I'm so upset!  This class LOVES to cook!

Here is the final product.  The applesauce was not a very big hit this year.  It's funny how some classes like it and others don't! :)
Tasting Center
They tasted apple juice, applesauce, apple pie, apple muffins, fresh apples, and apples dipped in caramel.

I caught them totally off guard! LOL!

They recorded on their sheet their favorite type of apple product.  We will graph them on Monday.
This is my favorite picture of the day!  The apple muffins were a huge hit!

They guessed to see how many blocks were as heavy as their apple.  Then they tested to see how close their estimation was.
After weighing the blocks, they tested other objects.
Here they are recording their answers in their books.
The other objects they weighed were a small car, a small book, a sock, scissors, and a box of crayons.
Apple Print Station
They could choose red, yellow, or green to make their apple prints.  I did have one page specified for the favorite color apple.  Then we had a large sheet where they could do as many apple prints as they wanted with whatever colors they wanted.
I completely forgot to take a picture of the completed project, but I will take one and post on Monday!
Measurement Center
First, they looked at their apple and guessed how much yarn it would take to go around their apple.
They taped it on their sheet to show their guess.
Then they measured to see if they guessed too short, too much, or just right.
They recorded their answers in their book.  Some of them guessed just right! :)
Apple Seed Estimation
Before we cut into the apples, they guessed how many seeds they thought their apple had.  They recorded their answer in the book.
They counted their seeds and recorded their answers.  I should have taken a picture of his apple because it was the cutest, smallest apple I have ever seen! :)  I love this picture because he just couldn't believe how many seeds came out of that tiny apple!

We had such a wonderful day, and I can't wait to continue our Apple and Fall theme next week!  I had four wonderful mom come in and help with the centers!  They were such a huge help, and I'm so thankful for them!  We finally had the entire class at school!  Aren't they just the cutest little munchkins?!

No comments:

Post a Comment