CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 28, 2012

Grandparent's Day

     We had Grandparent's Day at our school yesterday.  I knew it was going to be difficult for me, but I don't think I realized how difficult it was going to be.  I lost my Grandmama this past July, two months ago.  This whole week I was just trying to get through it and get it over with.  That is so totally unlike me.  I love special projects, I love crafting with the kids, and I love when we have special visitors, especially grandparents visit our class.  I even love the preparing and planning part of it, and this year I could not even get that together.  I changed my mind a thousand time on what I wanted to do.  I just kept thinking about my sweet Grandmama is gone, and I now I don't have any more of these opportunities to spend with her.  I don't have many pictures because I really was trying to stay busy, so I wouldn't break down and cry.
     Our awesome Grandma came and read two stories this year, we made a special snack, sang a song, and gave them a little gift that we made.  I completely forgot to take a picture of the gift that we made.  It was a tile square (left over from last year's major remodel project at our house) with their handprints in the shape of a heart.  It also had a sweet little poem around the heart.  I believe everyone had a great time (even me), and next year I'll be back on my A game! :)
Our awesome Grandma read Caps for Sale and The Squeaky Door.  She is such a fabulous storyteller!



After we listened to the story, we made a special snack.  They had to listen and follow directions to make their snack.








We then sang a special song for our grandparents and other family members.



     We had several that their Grandparents have passed on or lived to far away attend, so we invited Grandfriends, Aunts, Uncles, or parents to attend in their place.  We did not want anyone to feel sad or left out.  My hope for everyone is that they made a special memory and will one day look back on this and know that they made these children feel very special.  That is one thing I will always remember about my Grandmama.  She was always there for me and always made me feel that I was the most special, important person in the world.  I love you Grandmama and look forward to the day that I will see you again!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I was the third child & no one made me feel special like grandma did (she lived next door). :-) When my first grandchild was born my up most desire was to be the kind of grand mother that I had and I am so sorry I was not able to be there for my Vivian, it is terrible living six hours away & not getting to be there for special days & I probable cry over not getting to be there more than she would! I would never want her to feel less important then the other kids who have grand parent living close by, she is our "Little Miss Sunshine!" an I Love her so much! Nana Arvin

    ReplyDelete