CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nutrition Centers

     We had a lot of fun this week learning about healthy and unhealthy foods.  These are some of the centers that we did this week to go along with our theme.  I'm not putting up some of the pictures until next week because I want it to be a surprise for the parents at the feast next week!
I know this has nothing to do with nutrition, but they love this game!  I put it out again because it is just too much!

Mr. Potato Head-  He's a vegetable, right? haha

Turkey puzzle- I have a picture of the completed turkey, but I guess I haven't uploaded it yet.

This is a color fruit sort.  They had to match the color of the fruit to the matching color bag. 
Lincoln Logs

Math-Pattern Blocks

Alphabet Soup Cans-  They had to match the pictures with the letter on the soup can.

Art- Vegetable Prints (Peppers, potatoes, and corn)

Native American Headband- I know this is not nutrition, but we had to get these done for our feast!  They had shapes they had to cut out and then glue in a pattern on to the sentence strips.  We painted them the day before.  I'll show the completed headbands next week.
This time they were able to put the foods on to the appropriate food group.  I thought I had taken pictures of this center, but maybe that is another one that did not get uploaded!
     We also had a center where they made their placemat for the feast, but that one will get posted next week.  Busy, busy, busy this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment