CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

This and That

     I cannot believe it is almost time for school to start!  This summer has flown by!  Today I really tried to wrap a lot of things up because next week I need to "finalize" lesson plans.  I've used the same first week plans forever and really felt like I was getting a little stale and bored, so I looked to see what else was out there.  I came across two fabulous kindergarten teachers that I want to be when I grow up!  The first one is Deanna Jump mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com.  She is incredible!  My teaching style is very similar to hers and I do a lot of similar craft/art projects that she does.  She has a pirate themed classroom where I have borrowed many ideas for my upcoming class this year.  I made her pirate ship that she uses for workjob stations.  I'm going to use mine for a job assignment chart.  I'm not quite finished with it yet...still need to add details! My letters are going to say All Hands On Deck.  I've made some buckets (I'm not really happy with) that I'm going to put the jobs on, and then I'm going to make mops to put their names on.
I bought her Back to School packet that had some fabulous ideas in it.  I usually have a song and poem that goes along with our theme, but I really didn't have anything for teaching rules.  She uses a poem with the cutest little monsters that I am going to use this year.  I made the puppets with the directions that she gave.
How cute are they!  The kids will love them!  I can't wait to spice up the rules!
She also had a pirate with a treasure chest that she used for workjob mats.  I had planned on using a treasure chest, but when I saw her idea I liked that better.  I made mine bigger, and I am going to use it for our 100 day count.  I put velcro on the treasure chest and the other piece of velcro on to gold coins, so each day we will add a gold coin to the treasure chest until we get to 100.
I made a palm tree that I'm going to use for my Wishing Tree. I'm also going to make coconuts with the requested item that the parents can take home.  I'm not sure yet what items are going to be on the list yet. I usually figure that out when I'm setting up the room.  I'm going to use the tree after that as a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree.


I made a lot of games and manipulates that goes with my Pirate theme for centers, but they are in a pile of laminating that needs to be cut out! :) The other teacher is Kim Adsit.  I'll share some of the things that I gleaned from her when I finalize my plans.   I'll be gone for a week, so look for lots more when I get back!


No comments:

Post a Comment