CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 5, 2013

First week of school

Well, I've been MIA for a very long time.  Partly because my camera completely crashed.  I lost everything!  It was totally devastating.  The other reason I've just had a lot going on personally and didn't have it in me to do much blogging.  The good news is I'm on the road to recovery and I'm just going to use my phone to take pictures for a while.  These are not the best pictures, but will give you a peek into our class!  I will have to say this is a sweet little class, and I think we are going to have a fantastic year!
We keep it fairly simple the first week with centers.  They are more play based to help establish routines and procedures.  This is the puzzle center.

Art Center- We are painting the first two pages of our Creation books.

Housekeeping Center

Block Center- I added the school house and bus to go along with the theme.

The girls preferred the toys more than the blocks. :)

Our lesson on how to use markers-
This is Marker Happy all sharp and new
He can color anything, just tell him what to do!
His cap is on tight pushed down with all your might
Marker Happy will sleep so well tonight!
His tip is sharp and ready for art
Marker Happy is so lucky and smart!
This is Marker Sad, all grumpy and mad.
His cap is gone and is all dried out!
So all he can do is cry and pout
His tip has been broken with a pound, pound, pound.
Look at Marker Sad with his big frown.

I did not catch the picture, but after learning about how to use correctly use markers., we sorted them by color.  We also matched the correct tops to the markers.

We are going to make a class book with these cute cat in the hat pictures! :)

Learning how to use scissors

We had a giant pair of scissors that we used to demonstrate how to hold the scissors correctly, and then practiced cutting.

They had a few different sheets to practice cutting- straight line, wavy line and zig zag

I'm so excited about my new partner!   She is going to be a great asset!  We are already having a great time bouncing ideas off each other and planning.  This is going to be a great year!

     I'm off for the weekend to visit my son at college!  Hotty Toddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment